Thursday, September 15, 2011

Maturity

Maturity
I'm not sure if it was due to the fact that my head was hurting or simply because I wasn't feeling the whole vibe of the day; but my 100w class was irritating the shit out of me on Tuesday. It all started when I woke up that morning, I had a terrible headache and was running late to class. We were greeted by our ever so perky and oh so enthusiastic professor; handing us a quiz. Now mind you the quiz is on grammar and punctuation so obviously there is going to be grammar and punctuation issues. Ten minutes in to the quiz my peers decided to poke fun at the sentence that had the word AINT in it. Now let us keep in mind this is not the first or last time some of them have heard the word. A joke or two, a HE-HE-Ho-Ho, and chuckle is fine: but to keep talking about the damn word for fifteen minutes is irritating as F*&k. Wait Wait Wait that's not all, someone had the nerve to ask if the person whose sentence it was, was from the south or if they went to a community college. I felt as though that person was trying to say that person who used the word was uneducated. I was highly offended. One should never generalize or over or under estimate any human being. Just because you live in a southern area does not mean you cannot form  a sentence correctly. Just because you attended community college does not mean that you are not educated. The punch line of it all was that the same people that were poking fun at the other persons sentence failed to realize that everyday is two words every day and not one hahahahaha. What I learned is that some college students are just as immature as kids, people from the south, or community college.

Words Of The Week:
aggrandize v. To cause to appear greatly.
altruism n. Benevolence to others on subordination to self-interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment